Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sunday Rituals

Hello one and all!! I am sure everyone has been checking all week wondering, "When the heck is Jason gonna post again? I love reading what he has to say. He has such amazing insight on the troubles of modern humanity in his blurbs in this Blog." I am here to tell all of you the good news... I am here to blog again!

I kind of limited myself with the title of the blog, but it already has it's title and I'm not changing it. So you do not get to hear my perspective of the weekend, or even the week past. I am here to talk only about one thing: our Sunday Rituals. As everyone very well knows, we always do the Sunday crossword together over coffee. Alas and alack, today was not our day. After partying late into the night Saturday (which is something I cannot speak of because this blog is about Sunday, remember?) I was awakened by my dear wife at 8:00 because her back hurt and she couldn't relax enough to sleep--I blame dancing and standing around at bars all night. I went to CVS shortly thereafter--being the galant gentleman I am--to get my beautiful, darling wife some Bengay to help soothe her muscle pain. I got back, gave her a sensual Bengay, methol-smelling massage, and we went to lay back down and I slept in until 1:00! I can't remember the last time that happened.

By then, our day was ruined and it was too late to go to breakfast and have coffee and do the crossword. So we started coupon clipping. Those of you fortunate enough to have a Kroger nearby, let me tell you something cool about them. If you have a Kroger Plus card, you can sign up online and load coupons onto your Plus card from the website. Then, when you go to the store and check out, you get the discount and don't have to carry the pesky pieces of paper with you! Thanks to this and Kroger's amazing 10 for $10 sales, we saved a total of $14 when we went shopping. I was very impressed. I'm sure we can get better, and we have some learning to do... but, hey, you can't ask for a better feeling than saving $14 for your first time ever!

I'm sure everyone has also been on the edge of their seats wondering which recipe Jenny was going to pick out of everyone's great suggestions (and by the way, Charles, both of us HATE tomatoes). She chose...(drum-roll) NONE of the ideas, and instead found her own. After fighting over counter space where I could clean chicken and tear lettuce while Jenny chopped vegetables (yes, Connie, chopped them herself), breaded chicken, made rice, and baked, one of the best meals I have had in a while emerged. Super Crunchy Chicken (I'm not calling it that, that the actual name of the recipe) and Cheesy Rice 'N Tomatoes was quite the combo, and who knew Kraft had such good recipes? Great job on a successful dinner, Jenny.

I need to learn to be concise here... I think a glass of wine at dinner doesn't help that for me. Until next time (which I'm sure will be about a week)...

3 comments:

  1. I slept pretty late today too. :) Dinner looks yum! Jenny, send me the recipes, por favor.

    Glad you guys are using coupons! Couponing really can be thrilling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad the dinner was good...very proud of you both 4 cpn shopping...u need to get laurina 2 show u the art of cpn shopping...love always, aunt michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. chicken- foil baking sheet, mix box of 6oz. chicken stuffing mix with 1/4 cup grated parm cheese in a pie dish; coat 1 lb. boneless chicken breast with 1/4 cup lite miracle whip and dip in stuffing/parm chesse mix on each side; place chicken on baking sheet and bake 25-30 min.

    ReplyDelete