Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Hurricane Season

Ok, well today since I am unemployed (though looking) I decided to take some time off from unpacking to lay out at the pool.  I packed my books, water, and ham sandwich and headed out to the pool.  Despite the hundreds of bees swarming the palm trees, I managed to lay still and enjoy the heat for about 10 minutes before I had to get in the water.  It was 100 without heat index and boy was I sweating.  Then out of nowhere this really loud siren starts wailing for about 15 minutes.  Apparently they are testing the hurricane sirens that tell you to evacuate the area.  Joy.  Then Jason brought home a paper for work and he has to sign up for hurricane duty- A or B team.  A team is sent home 24 hours before the storm to gather their belongings and then back to the hospital to work through the storm until team B comes in.  Team B is sent home 12 hours before the storm but must report back 12 hours after the storm.  What if there is flooding was my question?  Jason says... "Hospitals don't close Jenny." 
Here is to hoping hurricanes stay away from our coast this season!

1 comment:

  1. I was hoping you would blog soon! :) Hope you are enjoying the sunshine. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete