Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cel-e-brate Come On!

I need you all to get out your champagne glasses! I got my first job offer! And while it is only part time and probably will not even pay the electric bill..... it IS a JOB OFFER!! And even better, it is still in my field.  I have been offered an adjunct professer position at Savannah Tech Community College.  I will be teaching US History 2111, which is US History from Colonization to Reconstruction.  I am excited to finally have community college on my resume (and the title professor!).  I got this opportunity actually through one of Jason's employees who cleans for him at night and works in the History Department at day at Savannah Tech as a Secretary.  She told him that if it goes well the Dean said they might offer me more classes in the Spring.  So there is pressure riding on the position but hopefully opportunity!  Now I just need another job to actually pay my bills and that can be flexible in case more opportunities come my way.  Bounty Hunter? Baker? BabySitter?  We shall see!?
I am drinking a glass of bubbly alone and I wish some of you could be here to celebrate!  I am already sweating profusely btw also. Geesh it is hot.  Wish my new job could afford me some more AC!
Today was another milestone in taking on GA- me and Jase went to the DMV and both got our GA Driver Licenses!
After the lines and worrying that I was going to fail the eye exam because I forgot my glasses, I passed! GA prints you a paper ID for 30 days until the plastic one comes in the mail so I did have a little trouble getting my champagne at the Food Lion tonight but I made them accept it.  Hope we don't have any trouble at the bars on Sat. night!  Another qualm I have with the GA ID is that they MAKE you put your WEIGHT on the front of the ID!!!  Now I would have LIED some more if I knew it was going to be in big numbers on the FRONT- now every person who ID's me is going to know my weight?? Talk about a complex- every time I drop 5 pounds I swear I'm going to get a new ID, I don't care HOW MUCH the replacement fee is.  Hope you guys can't see mine in the picture!!
Love you all- and so far no one has any dinner ideas besides Sarah!!

4 comments:

  1. YAY Jenny!!! That's so exciting. And a pretty cool job offer, too. I think it will be interesting for you to be a college professor. I am sure they will give you more classes, too because you will do great!! I know you were super happy to finally get a job offer! I am sorry no one is there to celebrate with you. I will celebrate with you in spirit. As for dinner ideas... a lot of the things in the Wood cookbook are good and easy. One easy thing that comes to mind that me and Alan like is chicken parmesan. Put about a cup of your spaghetti sauce of choice and a little water in the bottom of a pan. Coat chicken in Italian breadcrumbs and put in pan. Then put mozarella cheese on each piece of chicken. Pour more sauce on top of chickens. Cover with aluminum foil and cook on 375 for about 40 minutes. Very easy and very good. Then you can cook some noodles to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrads...so u know how much i cook...just b/c my last name is cook doesn't mean anythg...but we like 2 go 2 our favorite grocery harris teeter on sun's & get rostier (sp) chicken which on sun's is $4.99...if u go a/f certain time they put cpn's on the chicken 4 either $2 or $3 off...then on the side of campbells cream of chicken there is this very good chicken & rice dish...great w/the chicken...my idea this wk...love always, aunt michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations jenny, am so happy for you,very cool to be a college professor, and as lauren said i am sure you will get more classes. Cheers to you with my coke zero. as for dinner i think laurens and michelles both sound great. i just made poppyseed chicken for mom and it turned out runny. love the dmv pics. love you guys, can't wait to see you at the beach

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tomatoe sandwiches. Doesn't heat up the house and so tasty this time of year. Loving the blog. Audrey and myself will fix you something really yummy this weekend at the beach.

    ReplyDelete