Saturday, July 10, 2010

Jason again...

Apparently I am also supposed to contribute to this whole blog thing regularly, which is what I learned today. So while Jenny is showering and getting ready to head over to my friend Jhosue's (read as Josh's), I decided now is as good a time as any to update. As she has said, Jenny has unpacked a lot of our good boxes (along with some help from Connie and Terry for a couple of days), so now it's on to the fun stuff. And please note that I said Jenny... I haven't been very much help in this whole unpacking game. I think if it were up to me we might live out of boxes for our entire lives just to keep from unpacking, and then packing again when we are ready to move...

Work has been the same ol' thing, but I still love going in. It is definitely a great feeling when you know that decisions you have made (especially huge ones like moving from Greensboro to Savannah) have turned out to be the right ones and turn out to be something you love. It's weird to be following in my dad's footsteps; I never planned on doing that. But I got into the field in high school and have wanted to stay in it ever since. It's not just the work I love, but it's the people that do the work that make every day great for me. I have formed some good bonds with some of my employees, and that makes going to work that much easier. But despite all of the good, there is some bad with them. I had to terminate one employee this past week because he was stealing time on the clock. In a three month period, he had been clocked-in for 960 hours (in a normal 90 day period a full-time employee would have logged only 480 hours). This is a bonus of over $1000 per paycheck... OUCH!! And another employee was sleeping on the job... what is going on?!?

This is our first weekend together in Savannah. While I miss everyone back home, it is definitely a nice feeling that I have not had to drive 5 hours to go see my love. We are already planning our big trips home, which we hope will be once a month. But we are excited for people to come and visit and stay in our Box Palace. Hopefully by the time people are ready to come down we will have everything unpacked. I'm sure Jenny is looking forward to blogging about our first trip to Tybee Island, so I will save that for her...

Keep checking in on us, and keep the comments coming!!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys are getting settled. We missed you all at Kim's house tonight but it won't be long before we see you again!
    Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad u have a blog also...look fwd 2 more updates...love always, aunt michelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know whose name this will be but it is me mom, I am very proud of you and always have been. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks and we are looking forward to coming and doing some touristy stuff

    ReplyDelete