Thursday, July 15, 2010

HGTV and me

Ok, well I managed to get through my rough spot yesterday with some wine and an episode of SYTYCD.  For you amatures out there that would be "So you think you can dance!" (must say this with an Australian accent like host Cat Deeley).  That show always makes me cry at least once per episode- and I'm not even kidding.  Last night they did a piece on children trying to help their parents through an illness and it was danced to the Coldplay song "Fix You"- total weeper. Watch here:
So after some wine and hummus I was feeling much better about my life in general.
I exercised today which also usually helps my mood and then I tried desperately to organize our second bedroom which really is piled with plastic containers filled with our winter clothes and shoes, plus all of the desk essentials like hole punchers and staplers that we can not seem to part with.  At least now I can see the floor in there so visitors are free to come and use our fancy new air mattress! 
Now I am doing my usual afternoon routine of HGTV and blogging.  I can not get enough of HGTV.  I love watching other people shop for houses I can not afford and am obsessed with watching people rennovate rooms and outdoor spaces with budgets that are outrageous! (Even design on a dime is at least $1000.00).  However I can not stop watching!  My dream is to be on the show one day!  Me and Jason laugh about what they would say about our color scheme and design approach... we call it "Hand me down chic."  But hey, at least it is all functional!
Tonight is my first book club meeting to talk about Jen Lancaster's Pretty in Plaid (love love loved it).  I am excited to go but also nervous because it will be the first humans I will be talking with besides Jason and the Food Lion clerk in about 2 weeks.  Will they like me?  Will I get sloshed on one glass of wine and chatter like a blubbering idiot?  Maybe one of them can get me a job!
Well I am off to shower and pick out my new outfit for bookclub- such an exciting life I lead!

3 comments:

  1. Yay! SYTYCD! I must admit that last night's episode made me cry as well. How can a dance make you cry? That's just crazy. I also really liked the baseball one. Who is your favorite? I almost bought that book at Target the other day but I decided on a cute shirt instead. I would only let myself pick one or the other. I might just have to borrow your copy. If all else fails with the job market, you can make some big bucks with tutoring. A lot of teachers at my school advertised at day cares and got several jobs. Just a suggestion. By the way, my dad LOVES HGTV. He was just telling me the other night that because summer TV is awful that he has been watching a lot of House Hunters. Anyway, I am done with my novel. Thanks for keeping us informed with the blog. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I guess my profile name is Perfect Aunt because of when I subscribed on Laurina's blog. It's Lauren, by the way. I don't really know how to change the name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is audrey commenting, i don't know how to get my name on there. yup the sytycd made me cry too. well i heard you liked the book club, i am so glad, before you know it savannah may feel a little more like home. i know it is hard. love you guys. mom and audrey

    ReplyDelete