Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hot Fun in the Summertime

Well Jase has covered our exciting Sunday of Bengay and cooking, so I'll stick to Fridy and Saturday....
I had my second book club meeting (Bound to Please) on Friday night at a precious coffee shop downtown called Gallery Espresso.  We met and discussed the novels Savannah Blues and A Wrinkle in Time (we always do one nostaligic read).  This group was bigger than the other one and a little more on task with actually talking about the book.  It was mostly young professional women and a big group of us went to dinner afterwards at a restaurant called Cha Bella.  This place had wonderful food, drinks, and atmosphere and of course was WAY out of my budget.  Who thought book club was going to break my bank?  I was the un-employed girl ordering an appetizer and side salad (both still great) but I did break down an order their Peach Mohito (with fresh squeezed juice!).  We had a great time and I enjoyed the company.  I got good advice on other places to go and eat in town and am excited about our next book!
Saturday Jase and I went to Tybee with his work buddy Jhosue (say Josh) and Viviana.  We had great breezes, waves, and even hawked a free umbrella from Vivy's friend who works there on the island. 
Josh is from Venezuela and Viviana is from Columbia so Jason and I are trying to practice our Spanish... and not too well :)  After the beach, Jason and I went back to Josh's house for showers and grilled burgers (and a free Salsa lesson) before heading out downtown.  We went to a Tapas bar called Jazz'd which has excelled drinks, Tapas, and live music.  The music this weekend was R&B and Soul and it would have had any one of you tapping your feet or shaking your thang. 


At Jazz'd we met my friend Rebecca from my book clubs and her friends Hannah and Marc.  After some yummy tapas and drinks we relocated to the Rooftop at the Bohemian Hotel downtown on the river.  Perfect view of the river, yummy drinks like Key Lime Pie and Pear Tree, and great fun and conversation.  We closed the bar at 2am and then walked around City Market listening to music spilling out of the bars that rock on til 3am.  It is also weird that you can get a to go cup and walk around with your drinks from bar to bar.  A really neat experience and Savannah is a fun place with neat bars to enjoy.
You can't tell, but my drink here is actually glowing in the dark... and no, we didn't write on these balloons, just found them from a party and had fun with them.... Josh found himself a girlfriend-- haha.
All in all it was a great time and though we stayed out too late, it was a fun weekend out!

No comments:

Post a Comment