Wednesday, September 21, 2011

38 Weeks!

Hola to our dear sweet family members!  This week the reality of becoming parents has started to really sink in for Jase and me.  At my appointment yesterday I was 1 cm. dialated, and I started to get nervous!  I know this is good news and that we really WANT Amelia to make progress towards labor, but I guess I was in denial that we were getting close!  Now I feel like I need to scramble to think of all the things I need to go before I leave work, or things I need to make sure are in place before we bring Amelia home.  Hopefully I can get some nesting done this weekend. 
Everything else at the appointment was fine, and Amelia's heartbeat was great.  I go back next Wednesday at 39 weeks, and hopefully we will continue to be making progress!
Jason's employees threw him a baby shower this Monday and I drove to Savannah to surprise him as well.  His employees are so excited for him and were so sweet.  They all gave us diapers and wipes of all sizes and brands, which is perfect for us!  We feel so fortunate for all the help in diapers.  We also got a few cute sleepers, and this precious outfit that will make Amelia look like a cupcake (icing with sprinkle hat!). 
Work is still going ok for me, although this is the first week where I have really slowed down.  I just can not move as quickly and going from sitting to standing and vice versa is painful.  My feet, ankles, and knees are now swelling too which really irks me by the later afternoon.  I am so glad that the swelling did not pick up until this last month!  Enough complaining... everything else is groovy!  Our weather has warmed back up and the humidity is back in FULL force, but the forcast for next week looks great again!  I really hope Amelia can be welcomed with a beautiful fall day!
Everyone keep us in your thoughts as we try to mentally prepare, and as I try to physically prepare for labor.  Hope it all goes well, and everyone stays healthy.  Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great it sounds like. I know i say it constantly but i can't wait. i am finishing the lasagna sunday to bring with me. I guess i will take it by your apartment on the way after meetinf amelia. I can't have the cooler packed early so that will be a delay. hope you guys had a quiet weekend to rest up. love you

    ReplyDelete