Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shower #2!

First off, a big thanks to our other faithful readers, Grandma, Pops, Nana, and Auntie Lauren ;)

Things are flying by in the Smith apartment.  We now have a swing, bouncy seat, and diaper caddy loaded and ready to go.  Jason has put the carseat base in the back of my car, and loaded our hospital bag into the trunk.  Some wonderful friends of mine threw me a baby shower at work this Friday and we got some precious clothes, gift cards, diapers, and unique homemade and personalized gifts!  We also got to play "Pin the Sperm on the Egg" and the fact that Adriana and her mom handmade the sperm with pipe cleaners and googly eyes made my week! 

In other news, I had my Open House this week at school and my AP students' parents seemed to be very "concerned" that I was pregnant.  Oh well right!!  Since the majority of my leave is unpaid I am not legally able to "work" on my leave.  I am creating lessons for my sub, but once I am gone parents can not harrass me every week about assignments.  This was a big relief for me because I didn't want to feel like I was working while I was gone.  I only have 3 weeks and 4 days of work left!  I can not believe how fast August has flown by!  For those who are coming down for Amelia's arrival, I am going to email some directions to the hospital.  We can't wait!
I have my 36 week appointment this Thursday to do my Strept culture and hopfully an ultrasound to see Amelia's position.  We are still hopeful that she has turned on her own and is getting ready to "lighten" or drop.  We will keep everyone posted!
Jason is working this weekend, but has off Labor Day which will be nice.  We will probably just sit around, refold and smell Amelia's precious clothes, and go shopping with gift cards! 
We love and miss everyone- see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. why do i have to do this so many times, I've typed this twice now. i got tears in my eyes when i read about you refolding and smelling amelia cloths. i am getting so excited and can't wait to see her. i love you guys. love grandma

    ReplyDelete