Saturday, September 10, 2011

3.5 Weeks Left!

News from the Smiths in Hardeeville:
Jason is doing good at his job.  He seems to really love his co-workers and what he does day to day which is so wonderful to find in a job.  I think he is ready for a step up in responsibility, and I guess we will see what happens over the next year. 
School is flying by for me.  I have some trying students as always, but for the most part, I truly enjoy my students and the content I teach.  I am not in love with AP World History, but mostly because US was my first love and I am so much more comfortable with that content.  Again, we will have to see what happens next year to see what I will teach.
Our little "home" is coming together as we add all of Amelia's things.  We seem to clean more often and reorganize everything.  We are eager to try out some of our new toys and things that we will be using daily once she is here.  We plan to do some cooking over the next 2 weekends to prepare some meals we can freeze and then use once she arrives.  Any ideas for things that freeze well and do not take up a ton of room-- let us know!  My mom made us some mini meat-loaves, but other than that, we have an empty freezer! (Well besides my awesome Magnum ice cream bars).
The weather has been beautiful this week with very cool mornings in the low 60's and highs in the 80's.  I think due to the record setting HOT summer, I had forgotton how nice the weather can be down here in the fall.  It is back in the 90's this week, but at least I know cooler temps are around the corner.  We can't wait to take Amelia for stroller walks in the cooler weather in October and November. 
My 36 week appointment this past week was great!  My blood pressure remains low/great, Amelia's heartbeat was good, AND her head is now in the right position!  My doctor did a quick ultrasound to confirm and her head was down and butt was up!  She seemed to be extremely squished in there with knees, elbows, arms and legs everywhere.  My doctor noted how long she seemed- about 18.5 inches already.  She did not mention anything about her weight, but I am measuring on week so I guess she is just average (at this point should be about 6 pounds).  My internal check showed that I am not dialated yet and that she has not dropped, so no progress towards labor yet.  I go back this Wednesday for another check!
I am going to post some updated pictures of the nursery since we have added bedding, and all of our lovely gifts and decorations.  See most of you soon!




1 comment:

  1. I love the nursery, can't wait to see it in person. I will freeze a lasanga for you so it will be in a 9X 11 pan and frozen so you can put things on top. Maybe I will make one of jasons favorites, homemade veg beef soup. I can't wait for winter to get more of that. Love you guys

    ReplyDelete