Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wedding Kick Off.... Shower Time!
















Well my weekend was full of wedding excitement as I had my wedding shower! It was so much more beautiful than I ever imagined a shower could be! Beth Penley, my long time neighbor and family friend, is so talented and went out of her way to make it perfect! My mom, Julie's mom Catherine, my sister Brooke, bridesmaid Julie, and many others also really helped out all day to make it a fun time! We had such a great turn out from both my family and Jason's and I am truly thankful to all of you who traveled to make an appearance! That really means a lot to me and I thank you for giving up time in your busy lives on a Saturday! Also, thank you to everyone for all of the beautiful gifts that we received to start our new home together and to also enjoy ourselves on our honeymoon.... we can NOT WAIT! I had the best time last night skyping with Jason going through the list of all the presents and telling him about the day and who was there etc. He actually really loves being a part of the wedding activities. I think if he could have been invited yesterday, he would have come! He missed seeing everyone! So far his favorite presents are:
1. Brooke's cooler that comes with a grill and grill tools (he is checking to see if we can grill on Tybee Island today)
2. Food Processor
3. Money (he can't wait for the trip)
A special thank you for Catherine and Julie for housing Jason and I's gifts until we are able to move them again- thank you for understanding the difficulty of my parents still being in a hotel right now and for Jason and I not really having a home of our own either! Soon (for both).
It was an emotional day for my family as it was a hard time for us to decide where to have to shower because I know my mom really wanted to have it in her house, but again I am just thankful that we were able to all be together and celebrate the beginning of the Spring season and really kick off the wedding fun. I was glad that Jason and I's mothers finally met as well as other people in the family. I can't wait to get everyone together at the wedding and I can't wait to see and visit more with some of you next weekend at Easter.

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the shower was so nice, we all had a great time, i wanted to email your mom but i lost the email address, maybe you could send it to me

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok i am waiting for more blogs

    ReplyDelete