Sunday, March 28, 2010

Jason's First Post

Since Jenny has posted a couple of times now, I guess it's my turn to update. First and foremost, I can't believe our wedding is now less than 3 months away!! It is already sneaking up on us and we still have a bunch of little things left to do (plus finish with some of the big things). But I can't wait for it. I moved down here on October 3rd and have been making the 5 hour trip home 2-3 times per month. It has been expensive and lonely, but I knew that coming into this move. Jenny and I decided we could do anything for 8 months, including live in separate states and only see each other on weekends. But if I had the choice, I wouldn't do this again. I miss her a lot. And I hope sooner than later we can get back up to NC so we can be closer to our friends and family.

My job is going well, though. I am told all the time that I am doing well and to keep at it and I will go far. Probably the hardest part of my job is every day dealing with tough personalities, sometimes volatile ones. I have had my share of employees yell at me, tell me I'm a bad manager, and just stare at me when I asked them to do something. But I also have a lot of good employees who are more than willing to do anything for us. I finally have a new GM and he seems like a good guy. He seems to like me too, and he has been there already for me to ask questions I need answered where I haven't gotten that before.

As for Savannah, I am looking forward to spending time down here and learning the city I live in. I am currently looking around for apartments for us to live in. It's tough since we are looking so far in advance, but I'm at least trying to get a feel for the areas. Within the next couple of weeks we can start applying for places, but if I know Jenny she won't let me decide until she seen the places for herself. We'll see when that will be...

1 comment:

  1. hope you guys find a great nice cheap place, did you call that place stephanie told you about. miss you lots, it took forever to change my name on the blogger

    ReplyDelete