Sunday, January 23, 2011

High Speed January

Well, so far this first month of the new year is flying by!
We had a great time in Gboro for MLK weekend celebrating Jack's birthday, and see my family as well.  Although I love our time in Gboro with everyone, slowly, our home in S.C. is becoming home.  We are sometimes eager to get back to our little routines.  It is nice to be happy in both places.
So far, our favorite Christmas present is Audrey and Charles' gift of the BluRay player and Netflix!  We love being able to watch our favorite movies and shows instantly!
Even though our week was short after MLK weekend, is was a busy one.  I had my monthly bookclub meeting, which I look forward to each month!  We keep attracting new amazing women, and keep reading great books!  This month we read The Lace Reader, and we also found out that The South Magazine is going to do a feature article on our bookclub.  Miki, our founder, had the great idea of starting an Adventure Book Club, where after every book the host picks an adventure that correlates with the book.  It has been a blast so far, and I look forward to every adventure!
This past week I had a day of professional development, which is pretty much a bunch of teachers that sit around and complain about everything.  My profession is so hard to stay positive in!  I hope I can stay optimistic for a few more years.  I also had a girls night with some of my amazing coworkers, and then Jason and I went on a date on Saturday night.  We searched and searched for some awesome Bluffton restaurants to visit, and of course ended up picking La Hacienda.  Will we every stray from chips, salsa, and margaritas??
We are looking forward to February as we are hosting a SuperBowl party!!  Also, I will be heading out of town for a while to chaperone our school's Model U.N. team.  We are competing at Georgia Southern University where we placed 2nd last year.  I am excited to see so many bright high school students debate about the world's pressing problems!
As always, come visit if you wish! We love you!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, love you tooo!! I'd love to see that debate and yes, so inspiring!!! And, how can you resist cheese dip? I mean.... ;) I can't.

    ReplyDelete